Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hello?

First Blog entry after three something years! But it's not like I am returning to the world of blogging, I did not venture in in the first place. But I want to blog. I want to saw something. I don't mind what it is, I just want to say something. We always wanted to say something to one another, communicate with one another. Even when there is nothing to say, we think of things to say.

But some are not satisfied with plain verbal communication. This is pretty obvious, because, the audience for voice is physically limited. Basic physics.

Throughout history, we have been trying to find better ways to communicate. From basic sign language and verbal signs to complicated languages with intricate grammar rules, it is a very exciting journey to watch.

But all these happened because of this drive we have to go out there and talk to people and be acknowledged by others because we are social beings; always wanting to be around people we are terrified of being alone. This is why we invented all the fancy ways of communicating.Pictograms, ideograms, Alphabets, American Standard Code for Information Interchange, GPRS, Hypertext Transfer Protocol, everything.

But why am I writing? I don't know what to write about, I don't write that well, but still I do, why? What is it that makes me want to make a fool of myself with my writing, get accused for being grammatical wrong, for being bad at spelling, or for being plain boring, why?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/SantaCruz-CuevaManos-P2210651b.jpg
Cueva de la Mandos
It's not because I want you to appreciate my writing. But rather, I want you realize that you can actually empathize with me, and realize that I am one of your species, one of your community, one of your brothers, one of humanity. This is why we communicate in the first place. Not for entertainment, not for scientific research, not for money, not for business. We communicate because we want to be a node in the network of humanity, and also because we want the rest of the network to trust us enough to be a permanent fixture in the network.

The  thing about writing, or any other form of graphic communication, is that it is eternal (well, for a human, it is) and two complete strangers, who would never have met otherwise, are linked across space and time and share a private, intimate, emotional, motivating conversation.

I don't want to be alone, i don't want to be sad. Neither do I want anyone else to be alone or sad.  I want to know you, and I want you to know me.

I think I want to blog(write) for the same reason. To share a private and intimate conversation with you, whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever be your race or religion or colour. To talk to you, as one human being would talk to another.

If only I were less lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment